Thursday, May 05, 2005

Done.

It feels good to check things off a list. Nothing feels better than putting a big black line through something that has been giving you grief for an extended period of time. Nothing feels better than the accomplishment of getting something done.

This week I have had the pleasure of crossing three things off my list:
1. Physics Lab
2. Ballroom dance
3. Substance Abuse Prevention

Crossing Physics lab off the list was not as sweet as it could have been. I am done with the class (thank the good Lord) but I fear I will get a B. Man. I disapoint myself. I did horribly on the final and if I had done decently I could have gotten an A. Then applied to PT school with a 4.0. Three years of my college career I could have had that 4.0. That dream is flushed down the toilet. Not that it matters. To anyone but me that is.

Ballroom dance will be missed. That is why I am going out dancing tonight, so it can in some way live on.

Substance Abuse Prevention was a joke and a half but I am still glad to no longer have debates or 8am classes.

I feel a rush of relief as I do not start finals till Wednesday. I am going to make the best of this weekend and till hell week begins. Dancing, tennis, movie watching, wine drinking and dinner cooking will commence. I look forward to it all.

That's really what you have to do in life. Constantly hope for things in the future, and have a list of great things to come. Otherwise you will get bogged down with the monotony and disapointment that is life on a day to day basis. I know that sounds extremely pessimistic. But it does come from personal experience. Think about what one's daily life consists of. Either 1. going to work or 2. going to school. Work is typically 9 hours/day. You get home, your tired. You plop in front of the TV, you cook up whatever you can find for dinner and you go to bed only to start the same routine over again the next day. Amount of time spent in school varies. yet, when you get home it follows you there. Your doing papers, homework, studying for tests, downing caffiene trying to stay awake long enough to make it through the notes, you go to bed finally, wake up take that test and then start the whole process over again for the next test. This is life every day. Not very appealing. You have to look forward to the weekends. You have to focus on that party on Friday night or that lunch with a friend Saturday afternoon in order to make everything you are doing today worth a damn.

I need to get out of this place. For a change if for nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home